Professional cleaning services and office cleaning tips roundup from early 2016.
Cleaning Services – Office Cleaning Tips
2016 has been a great year so far and, with summer rapidly approaching, we wanted to share our best cleaning and conservation tips with you.
For all of our cleaning tips, check out these articles:
- February 2016 – Office Cleaning Tips
- Medical Office Cleaning Tips
- Office Cleaning Tips – Spring Office Cleaning Tips – April 2016
- Office Cleaning Tips – May 2016
Poor indoor air quality can lead to several production and profit affecting ailments.
Among these are:
- Employee fatigue.
- Poor work performance.
- Chronically ill workers, and;
- An undesirable location for customers.
- Open externally facing doors and windows when possible, especially in the early morning, to reduce heat and humidity.
- Have your HVAC systems professionally inspected annually.
- Implement HEPA filtration systems in your HVAC systems, and in interior spaces subject to a lot of airborne toxins and particles, like a machine shop.
- Vacuum carpets regularly with HEPA filtered, and Green Carpet Institute certified vacuum cleaners, preferably backpack vacuums, to reduce worker strain.
- Use green certified cleaning chemical cleaners to avoid contributing to indoor air pollution.
Many work environments require cleaning staff to come into contact with hazardous materials and waste.
- Heavy industrial worksites.
- Auto shops.
- Chemical plants, and;
- Doctors offices and hospitals.
Where employees are put at significant risk when cleaning, make certain to provide:
- HEPA filtered breathing masks.
- Gloves, face shields/goggles, and other protective equipment certified for using in handling hazardous waste.
- The proper training in the disposal of the toxic materials, as well as what to do in the event of an emergency.
Desks and Computers
Studies have shown, time and again, that our office desks and computers are, by far, the most germ and bacteria filled spaces in the building.
Everything ranging from phones, computer keyboards, and mice, to (literally) the kitchen sink (actually, it’s the handle), on average, have more germs on them than a typical toilet seat.
These are usually non-porous, high-touch surfaces where bacteria can remain for up to 3 days, and spread throughout half an office in under 4 hours.
Commonly affected areas are:
- Coffee pot handles.
- The door handles on public entrances.
- Kitchen sink handles.
To mitigate the cost of the typical flu season outbreak in your office:
- Encourage the regular and thorough washing of hands after using the restroom, and prior to eating.
- Dust regularly and remove unnecessary clutter.
- Make certain employees and patrons have ready access to quality personal sanitation supplies.
- Discourage eating at desks, and;
- Wipe down all high-touch surfaces with a green disinfectant wipe, daily.
Going green has several advantages, especially for San Joaquin Valley businesses facing another long summer in a drought.
- Use microfiber cloths and mops to maximize cleaning effectiveness while significantly reducing water consumption.
- Have floors and carpets cleaned with GCI certified dirt extractors and scrubbers.
- Use green cleaning chemicals to avoid further contaminating a reduced water supply.
Green cleaning services help the environment, protects your employee customer’s well-being and increases efficiency while reducing toxic and financial waste.
Our four best tips so far, for 2016 are:
- Make sure to allow for lots of fresh, clean air.
- Make sure everyone has access to the necessary equipment and has the proper training in its use, or in the event of an emergency.
- Clean all common use areas, especially where people eat, with green disinfectants on a daily basis.
- Go green to save our water supply.
Remember, nothing is more important to personal health and office cleanliness than thorough hand scrubbing with normal (not antibacterial) soap and warm water.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of professional cleaning services for your business, contact us today for a free quote!
In Bakersfield CA, call (661) 395-3009
In Fresno CA, call (559) 473-1790