Green cleaning services, combined with healthy, sustainable business practices, are the perfect way to promote wellness and productivity in your workplace.
Green Cleaning Services and Workplace Wellness
Employees are businesses most valuable asset, and healthy employees are happier and more productive at work, resulting in significant decreases in health care costs, as well as increases in performance and output.
According to SparkPeople.com;
The benefits for employers are obvious.
They provide the company with strategic advantages by investing money in a program that will hopefully bring them lowered expenses in return, often in the form of better performing workers, and lower absenteeism and health care costs.
A large part of the success that comes from workplace wellness starts with a clean and healthy office, and that means tossing out the toxic chemicals you’re using to clean it, as well as implement holistic, long-term plans that address the needs of the current, as well as emerging workforces and generations.
There are numerous business and financial incentives for implementing a workplace wellness program, especially under the auspices of improving disturbingly low employee engagement.
According to the Harvard Business Review;
[sic]…disengaged workers had 37% higher absenteeism, 49% more accidents, and 60% more errors and defects.
In organizations with low employee engagement scores, they experienced 18% lower productivity, 16% lower profitability, 37% lower job growth, and 65% lower share price over time.
Workplace wellness initiatives that include a thorough green cleaning services program, combined with socially and environmentally sustainable business practices, have been shown to positively impact employee health, happiness, and engagement.
- Reduced Employee Absenteeism – Reducing sources of indoor pollutants, specifically toxic cleaning products, has a positive impact on worker health, and reduces exposure to preventable illness, as well as paid time away from work.
- Improved Productivity – Healthy employees are happy employees, and maintaining a positive self-image and association with an employer and fellow workers is necessary for maintaining sustained high-level productivity in workers. Studies have shown a 12% to 20% increase in productivity for happy, engaged employees.
- Reduced Employee Churn – Several studies have shown that small and medium businesses can reduce their voluntary employment turnover from the nationwide average of 20% to less than 5%, by implementing and sticking with a long-term workplace wellness program.
- Decreased Healthcare Costs – Depending on the size of your organization, moving even a small percentage of your workforce from a high to low health risk assessment can save your business thousands of dollars per year, per employee, in annual health care costs.
For More Information:
- Workplace Wellness Programs: Advantages For Your Company
- Study: Being happy at work really makes you more productive
- What’s the Hard Return on Employee Wellness Programs?
- Wellness plans key to reducing turnover
- Gamification – Gamification is a proven method for engaging employees in workplace programs, especially wellness and recycling. The key is to make it entirely voluntary, but entice success with real world rewards aside from personal gain.
- Cleaning Services – Indoor air quality has a significant impact on worker feelings of wellbeing, health, and performance. The most cost-effective method to improve indoor air is to remove sources of pollution, which commonly originates from commercial or consumer grade (grocery store) cleaning products, which often contain undisclosed chemicals that can lead to serious health issues after prolonged exposure.
- Healthy Eating – Positively encourage healthy eating habits by stocking the kitchen with healthy food and snacks. Partner with your custodial vendor to ensure the kitchen and break rooms are cleaned with certified green products–providing a germ and toxin-free area to relax and rej uvenate.
- Workplace Exercise Programs – Well engineered employee exercise programs, especially ones that are fully integrated into the workday, are an incredibly useful tool for improving worker health and wellness, as well as increasing energy and improving cognitive function and performance. Make certain to provide thoroughly sanitized facilities, especially restrooms, showers, lockers, and exercise equipment, to avoid unnecessarily spreading germs and bacteria.
Workplace wellness is a cornerstone of healthy sustainable business practices and, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, necessary to stop the spread of preventable disease and illness.
Providing worksite wellness programs can improve employee satisfaction, reduce stress, decrease absenteeism, and increase productivity.
Sustainable business initiatives are defined as practices that meet current development needs without compromising the needs of future generations and is a powerful influence on the shopping decisions of Millennials.
According to a 2015 Nielsen report;
The rise in the percentage of respondents aged 15 – 20, also known as Generation Z, who are willing to pay more for products and services that come from companies who are committed to positive social and environmental impact was also strong—up from 55% in 2014 to 72% in 2015.
A workplace wellness program that lacks a commitment to green cleaning, recycling, and sustainable practices is only a half-measure that does not truly address the concerns and realities of modern consumers and businesses.
What is needed is a holistic approach, consisting of:
- Tobacco-free working environments.
- Easy access to public and alternative transportation.
- Composting, recycling, and Zero Wast Initiatives.
- Sustainable product purchasing, including food.
- Social interaction and community outreach, and;
- Physical wellness behavioral modifications and checkups.
For More Information:
References & Resources
- Leveling Up Your Corporate Wellness Program: Utilizing Gamification to Make Wellness Fun and Engaging
- Wellness Programs on the Rise
- Do Workplace Wellness Programs Save Employers Money?
- The Sustainability Imperative
Workplace wellness programs improve employee health, promote positive choices, lead to measurable increases in profits, worker performance, and productivity while reducing costs associated with employee absenteeism and health care.
Providing a clean and sanitary environment is mandatory for supporting and sustaining the positive gains made by wellness programs, by providing a toxin-free and superior level of environmentally safe sanitation that does not pollute the indoor air.
If you would like to learn more about the advantages of green cleaning services and how it can help promote wellness for your business, contact us today for a free quote!
In Bakersfield CA, call (661) 395-3009
In Fresno CA, call (559) 473-1790
In Valencia CA, or Santa Clarita CA, call (661) 395-3009