Green cleaning services utilize concentrated cleaning products that are more cost-effective per use for schools and businesses than comparable toxic cleaning products.
Green Cleaning Services Tips for Cost-Effecting Cleaning Chemical Use for Schools and Businesses
Converting your organization to green cleaning alternative products is a cost-effective approach to improving the health and safety of your school, office, students, and employees.
Portable dilution control and chemical management systems facilitate the compact storage, transportation, and use of concentrated cleaning products, which reduces a business’s financial expenditure in several ways:
- Eliminates guess work for diluting product, thereby conserving valuable water and energy resources.
- Significantly reduces worker exposure to any fumes or direct contact with a concentrated cleaning product.
- Reduction of overall time required to complete cleaning task.
- Eliminates unnecessary shipping and storage expenses, as well as water costs for pre-mixed products.
- Reduces waste and associated recycling and waste management costs.
Save Money by Eliminating Guess Work and Waste
A common practice amongst custodial staff, when ‘measuring’ cleaning product for dilution, is referred to as the ‘glug-glug’ method, which is exactly what it sounds like.
The worker ‘measures’ the amount of cleaning product based on the number of ‘glugs’ that emanate from the dispenser bottle while it is being poured out.
This method obviously has numerous drawbacks and failings:
- Over or underdosing the cleaning solution can present significant health hazards for operators and building occupants, especially in the food service or healthcare industries.
- Inventory and cost control is completely impossible, which adds unnecessary pressure on overextended management staff and budgets.
- Consistent results are also unlikely, as there is never a uniform application, and;
- The waste generated by your organization, as well as the potential volume of toxic chemicals being introduced into the water, air, and local environment, is extremely undesirable, and will likely earn your organization the ire of emerging markets and demographics, specifically Millennials and Generation Z, which have shown favoritism
Dilution and chemical management systems eliminate the need for a ‘glug-glug’ method by simplifying the process, especially pre-packaged, concentrated canisters and pods.
For More Information:
Reduce Worker Exposure to Cleaning Chemicals
Concentrated green cleaning chemicals may not always be available, or the regulation prescribed product for your industry, especially healthcare, which tends to favor heavy bleach use.
Over exposure to diluted forms of these products is hazardous enough.
However, issues derived from over exposure to concentrated chemical cleaning products can vary, from dangerous to deadly.
The glug-glug method can contribute to these dangers in an unacceptable fashion:
- Concentrated, or poorly diluted cleaning chemicals can cause severe burns upon direct skin contact.
- Overdosing will leave a heavier film or residue when the cleaning product dries, requiring additional labor to remove, or the residue can present a toxic chemical hazard to anyone who touches it or inhales airborne particles kicked up from the residue as occupants walk across or use the surface, and;
- Even minimal exposure to concentrated fumes can lead to serious short and long-term health issues, including cancer and neurological damage.
Chemical management systems eliminate direct contact with workers during the dilution process, removing the potential for hazardous exposure, especially product to skin contact, from the equation, and significantly reduce financial and personnel costs associated with injury, illness, and worker’s compensation claims.
Reduce Task Completion Time
The two primary reasons custodial staff employs the glug-glug method is to reduce the amount of time to complete the task, and pure convenience.
The reasoning behind that thought process is relatively straightforward:
- Janitorial staff typically operate under constrained time frames, and the faster they can get the job done, the ‘better,’ and;
- Having to lug around bulky, premixed cleaning products is inconvenient, time-consuming, and extremely laborious.
Both of these factors place an unnecessary amount of strain on the custodial staff, and both are quickly resolved by implementing light-weight and portable concentrated pods or canisters.
- Green Cleaning Services – Backpack Vacuum Analysis for Business Use
- The Issue With In-House Cleaning Services
Eliminate Unnecessary Costs
Glug-glug method aside, even accurate measuring with a cup extends the amount of time required for the janitorial staff to complete a task, thereby adding to the total cost of cleaning any given space or surface.
Additional expenses come from health expenses due to acute or long-term toxic exposure, the transportation, shipping, and storage of bulk products, as well as waste disposal–all for a product that is more water filler than actual cleaner.
Dilution control and chemical management systems address these strains on productivity and costs in several ways:
- Portable canisters and pods are easily transported on service cards or in storage containers on buckets, which eliminates the time required to go to where the cleaning product is stored, measure it out, and dilute it.
- Custodial staff never come into direct contact with the concentrated mixture, significantly mitigating the potential for skin contact or inhalation, which reduces overall healthcare expenses, and worker’s compensation claims.
- More product can be shipped and stored for far less in a compact form, which also reduces the amount of waste created, thereby reducing removal costs.
For large or multi-floored offices, access to a cleaning station or closet with stationary chemical management system will also cut down on task time and the laborious lugging of heavy and awkward equipment, which will likely lead to a repetitive motion injury.
Reduce Waste Generation
Waste comes in many forms.
- Time is wasted mixing diluting cleaning product.
- Water is wasted guestimating the proper mixture.
- Gas is wasted heating the water.
- Packaging is not recycled or is made from non-biodegradable, or second generation/previously recycled materials.
- Worker motivation is lost because tasks are unnecessarily laborious, time-consuming, inconvenient, or physically straining.
- Finances are wasted on under or overdosing cleaning mixtures, leading to inevitable illness or injury, which negatively impacts occupant performance, and increases healthcare expenses.
Dilution control and chemical management systems address all of these issues through concepts specifically designed to eliminate workload, custodian exposure, and natural resource waste.
Augmenting the chemicals and tools with certified green cleaning services and products will further eliminate toxic waste that is routinely introduced into the environment, poisoning our food, air, and water supply.
Combining those services with sustainable practices and waste management initiatives will eliminate the vast majority of energy, solid, organic, and natural resources wasted by your organization on a regular basis.
Concentrated green cleaning chemicals and products can save your organization time and money while reducing custodial staff workload and occupant exposure to toxic chemicals.
Dilution control and chemical management systems, especially portable systems and pods, simplify the process further while improving your return on investment and reducing waste.
If you would like to learn more about the advantages of green cleaning services for your school or business, contact us today for a free quote!
In Bakersfield CA, call (661) 395-3009
In Fresno CA, call (559) 473-1790
In Valencia CA, or Santa Clarita CA, call (661) 395-3009