When you look around your office, what’s your first impression?
Does it look “lived in”? Is it cluttered and dusty?
Are the surfaces and monitors dingy and smudged?
If so, it’s probably time to consider professional office cleaning services.
After all, a dirty office isn’t just an eyesore; it’s also an environment that can affect employee health — which, in turn, hurts productivity.
In fact, a poorly-kept office can grind operations to a near-halt during cold and flu season.
Cleaning Services and Employee Health
Let’s face it; humans are exposed to disease-causing germs on a daily basis.
The threat of diseases and allergens are everywhere, from our homes to our commutes, and of course, our office space.
Places like the office have a high traffic flow and all kinds of allergens, fungi, and bacteria can hitch a ride to the workplace and multiply in common areas.
Many illnesses, such as staph infections, the norovirus, and E-coli, are often a result of unsanitary conditions.
These are the types of diseases that a clean workplace can help minimize.
Your employees may wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizers, but that’s not enough to keep dangerous bacteria at bay.
These infection-causing germs tend to accumulate in common areas that must regularly be sanitized.
The workplace bathroom is a particularly dirty place, and really, only a professional cleaning service is prepared to disinfect them.
That’s why it’s so important to choose a company that not only cleans but sanitizes for you.
A through, regular office cleaning will either be daily or every few days and will usually include:
- Vacuuming all carpets.
- Sweeping and mopping all hard floor surfaces with disinfectant cleaning supplies.
- Emptying wastebaskets and cleaning them when needed.
- Dusting, and then disinfecting all surface areas. Dusting should include basic office equipment such as file cabinets and computer monitors.
- Disinfect all door knobs, handles, and light switches.
- Removing all visible smudges from walls and doors.
- Wiping down any office furniture components such as brass knobs or handles on cabinets.
- Spot cleaning where necessary.
- Dusty or vacuuming blinds, ledges, and windowsills where dirt and dust tend to accumulate.
- Disinfecting surface areas in board and meeting rooms.
- Restocking the bathrooms with toilet paper, soap, hand sanitizer, and paper towels.
- Cleaning and polish any mirrors, stainless steel or glass surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfect toilets, urinals, and sinks.
- Clean the microwave, coffee machines, and all surfaces in employee kitchens and lunch rooms.
- Wipe monitors copy machines, and other office machinery clean.
- Disinfecting the water cooler and replacing any cups or other supplies.
Hiring a Cleaning Company
There are many benefits to having your office space cleaned by professionals.
When it’s time to choose a vendor, you’ll need to let them know what kind of services you need, how large the space is, and how often you want them to clean your business.
You may wish to ask for a written estimate of what the services the cleaners will provide and a breakdown of the cleaner’s costs.
Before you sign a contract with your office cleaner, ask about policies and what will happen if you’re not happy with the job that they do. Are you able to call them for a re-clean?
You should also check out your office cleaner’s reviews online and check with your local Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see if they have any outstanding complaints.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions of any potential contractor you do business with.
Do they have references?
Are they licensed and bonded?
Once you’ve chosen an office cleaning company, you’ll start to notice the benefits of a cleaner, better-organized office.
A clean and sanitized office can help fortify your workers against cold and flu season.
Your workplace will always look clean for unannounced client visits, which in turn will help your company look more professional.
Are you interested in finding out more about how office cleaning services can help your workplace?
Please feel free to contact us for a free quote so we can devise a plan that fits your needs.
In Fresno CA, call (559) 473-1790
In Bakersfield CA, call (661) 395-3009