Traditionally, most businesses have created janitorial staffs and kept the process an internal one for their companies.
However, over the past few decades, there has been a significant movement to separate janitorial services from the main business and instead contract the cleaning services to a separate, independent company.
Over the years, there have been many reasons why companies have turned to outsourcing their janitorial needs.
To understand why this has been happening will help new firms that are just starting up to consider the advantages of finding professional, well-established cleaning services.
Overlooking Janitorial Services
When it comes to startup businesses or perhaps companies that have hired several janitors that are now retiring or moving on it is important to pay attention to the importance of proper cleaning for your business.
- Presents Proper Appearance of Building
- Helps Prevent the Spreading of Germs and Bacteria
- Reduce Indoor Air Pollution
- Increases Company Morale
For companies that are looking to expand their services, having an attractive building both inside and out is an excellent start.
The first impression that is made of a business is the most important one, and that can be seen right away when customers and clients enter the building.
While everyone will catch a cold or flu from time to time, proper cleaning services will help prevent the spread of germs, viruses and bacteria which means that fewer employees will be sick at once which increases productivity.
The reduction of indoor air pollutants thanks to proper cleaning will also create a healthier environment where fewer people will become ill.
Plus, having a clean building or facility will help boost the overall morale of the employees that can see how management is thinking about them.
This is one of the most overlooked aspects of having a properly cleaned building.
What Businesses Need Professional Cleaning Services
Today, independent janitorial services are working for companies of all sizes from large corporations down to small offices that hold only a few employees.
When it comes to your business, there are very few that arguably would not need such a service, and even then the circumstances would be rare.
For example, those who only have a couple of offices or even a single large room would still benefit tremendously from having it regularly cleaned by a representative of a janitorial service.
In these cases, professional companies will often send out a single janitor to empty the trash, dust and vacuum the floors once or twice per week for a minuscule fee.
Plus, as your business grows, so too with the cleaning services.
This means instead of hiring more people you just upgrade the contract with the company to provide more janitorial staff and more frequent cleaning.
Advantages of Hiring Professional Janitorial Services
There are quite a few benefits when it comes to hiring an experienced, independent company to handle your cleaning services as opposed to creating a janitorial department for your business. It’s little wonder that so many companies are outsourcing this critical need rather than doing the internal work themselves.
- Save Money – The first obvious advantage is that outsourcing to an independent firm is less expensive than hiring a janitorial staff to do the same thing. Hiring janitors means paying their salaries, keeping them under the company plan, and purchasing equipment and supplies. For less money a company can outsource to a professional company that includes materials and supplies. Plus, the janitors in the company will be covered by their policies, so you don’t have to do the paperwork.
- More Experienced Janitors – Because independent companies work for several different businesses, you’ll have outsourced to a service that provides for experienced janitors. An experienced janitor knows how to clean offices, buildings and facilities and if they are ill will be replaced by one who is experienced as well.
- Address Particular Issues – You can contract with a janitorial service that can address particular issues in your building that might not be cost efficient if you try to do it yourself. For example, buildings with high ceilings or with a special cleaning need for particular areas will require special equipment or supplies.
- Special Events – One overlooked aspect of outsourcing is when you are hosting a special event that will require more extensive cleaning when it is completed. When planned in advance, you may be able to have the extra staff from the cleaning service present at little to no additional charge. Of course, this will depend on the contract that you have with the janitorial service along with how many special events are going to occur. Still, not having to worry about hiring extra help to clean up after an event is one of the perks when outsourcing to a professional janitorial company.
- Evaluation – Most contracts with janitorial services last for a year or more. However, it is a lot easier to switch professional services than it is to fire employees. This means that you can conduct a proper evaluation and keep other cleaning services in mind so that if issues arise that is not being solved by the company you currently contract with as another can replace them.
Why Your Business Needs a Professional Cleaning Services Company
For all of the advantages listed, it is the bottom line when it comes to expenses that make outsourcing the best option for almost all businesses.
This is particularly the case with startup companies that are struggling to pay all of their expenditures.
Outsourcing their cleaning needs to a professional janitorial company as opposed to trying to do the hiring of the staff themselves just makes better sense economically.
It is little wonder that a movement which started decades ago is only picking up steam because it is less expensive and more versatile offering better results overall.
If your business is looking to save money and yet get better results from janitorial services, then it pays to investigate the independent companies which serve enterprises of all sizes so that they can get the most for their investment.
To learn more about how professional janitorial services will benefit your business, contact us for a free quote today!